Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly Analysis 3

The newly-crowned Miss South Carolina 22-year-old Bree Boyce lost over 110 pounds during several years before winning this month's pageant (2011).
ABC news website reports according to Boyce, when she was aged seventeen she realized she was 234 pounds and size eighteen jeans (2011). She knew she was not healthy and after receiving a warning from a doctor she noted that was her turnaround point to change her life style. Boyce quickly lost 64 pounds after the warning (2011). Because, Boyce had dreams and aspirations she knew she being unhealthy would not help her to meet them.
Bree Boyce recent interview on the today show, she was asked what was going on in her head when her name was called as the winner of the pageant. According to ABC news Boyce gushed,
"I have no words. I just thought to myself, I did it. I did it all on my own. I did it all for myself and I'm just so thankful to have this platform to share my success story with everyone across the world. I like to tell people I did not choose it, but it chose me. And a lot of people ask if I would take back the past but I wouldn't because I wouldn't have this amazing story to share with others."
Boyce used the traditional way to lose this weight by cooking herself and exercising daily (2011). And during the interview, she said her experience of her being an obese person and now with her at this level she is thankful; she will use the new platform as Miss South Carolina to educate other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment